SolarWinds, a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT Management software, acquired DNSstuff in October 2011, adding the company’s trusted DNS management tools to our product portfolio, further extending the range of problems we can help our users solve.
We'll admit to some bias, but we believe proper set up and management of a company's name and email servers are absolutely essential to the success of its business.
Proper DNS management is no longer a matter of "set it and forget it" anymore. Lack of DNS problem solving skills, increasing budgetary pressures and the number of new threats from both inside and outside an organization require constant monitoring of web and email assets. That's where we come in.
One of the most important elements of proper DNS management is to have an independent view of your web-based connection to the outside world - a view that you absolutely must trust, because you can't always depend on what you see from inside your firewall.
Since 2002, we have been the trusted source for all things DNS by more IT professionals than any other web application in the world. More than 30,000 customers, over 13 million annual visits and tens of millions of tests each year, are proof positive that nobody does it better.
And as use of the Internet for business and communication has exploded, our business has evolved and responded to the need for more tools and more complex forensic analysis of web data. We've added more tests, created monitoring and alerting capabilities, and will soon introduce "workbench" environments that will greatly simplify host, name, IP and email workflows as the need to gain greater insights into the "behavior" of web traffic grows in importance.
We take our leadership role seriously and intend to earn it every year. We're extremely proud to be home to one of the largest communities of IT professionals in the world.
Founded in 1999, SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to more than 100,000 customers worldwide – from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses.
We believe that the IT pros who use our products everyday should be excited about them. That’s why we put our users first in everything we do, and strive to deliver powerful functionality while making their jobs easier. We call it “user-centric software,” and we believe that it’s changing expectations for the enterprise software experience.
Simply put, we work to:
- Remove the obstacles found in traditional enterprise software – eliminating the high prices, complexity and resource-intensity that have become the status quo
- Connect with our community – using daily interactions with our large, global user community to guide our product development and strategy
- Constantly evolve our products – ensuring that our software is on point to meet near-term customer and market priorities
Our company was built by network and systems engineers who know what it takes to manage today’s dynamic IT environments. They combined this expertise with a deep connection to the IT community to create network, storage, and application management products that are effective, accessible, and easy to use. The result? IT management software that works for you.
Our Customers and Users
The companies that trust and depend on us come from every country you can name. Some have billion dollar budgets, many work hard just to keep their IT costs under control. They are banks, hospitals, major corporations, professional sports teams, law firms, government agencies and software icons. They are high tech specialists, web hobbyists, police officers, analyst hackers - ethical and not so. They are as diverse a group of companies and organizations as one could imagine. But what they do have in common is a need analyze and solve name and email server problems quickly. A new, and growing, group of customers and users are web analysts. They are discovering new ways to use our tools and applications to enhance their investigations of IP, domain and mailserver data.
SolarWinds Key Product Capabilities Overview
- Network Management
- Network Performance Monitor provides network monitoring software for performance and availability
- NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is a network traffic monitor for NetFlow, J-Flow, IPFIX, sFlow®, NetStream™ & other flow data
- VOIP and Network Quality Manager for VOIP Quality of Service and WAN Performance Management
- IP Address Manager for Centralized and Automated DHCP, DNS, and IP Address Management
- Network Configuration Manager for Automated Network Configuration and Compliance Management
- User Device Tracker for Network Device Tracking and Switch Port Management
- Application & Server Management
- Use Server & Application Monitor to agentlessly monitor server hardware, O/S, and over 100 applications.
- Automatically patch Microsoft & 3rd party applications with SolarWinds Patch Manager
- Collect & correlate logs and events to quickly isolate issues with SolarWinds Log & Event Manager
- Identify VM sprawl, reclaim and optimize your VMware environment with SolarWinds Virtualization Manager
- Monitor storage performance across your multi-vendor SAN fabric with SolarWinds Storage Manager
Who we are
3711 South MoPac Expressway
Austin, Texas 78746