SolarWinds, a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT Management software, acquired DNSstuff in October 2011, adding the company's trusted DNS management tools to our product portfolio, further extending the range of problems we can help our users solve.
We'll admit to some bias, but we believe proper set up and management of a company's name and email servers are absolutely essential to the success of its business.
Proper DNS management is no longer a matter of "set it and forget it" anymore. Lack of DNS problem solving skills, increasing budgetary pressures and the number of new threats from both inside and outside an organization require constant monitoring of web and email assets. That's where we come in.
One of the most important elements of proper DNS management is to have an independent view of your web-based connection to the outside world - a view that you absolutely must trust, because you can't always depend on what you see from inside your firewall.
Since 2002, we have been the trusted source for all things DNS by more IT professionals than any other web application in the world. More than 30,000 customers, over 13 million annual visits and tens of millions of tests each year, are proof positive that nobody does it better.
And as use of the Internet for business and communication has exploded, our business has evolved and responded to the need for more tools and more complex forensic analysis of web data. We've added more tests, created monitoring and alerting capabilities, and will soon introduce "workbench" environments that will greatly simplify host, name, IP and email workflows as the need to gain greater insights into the "behavior" of web traffic grows in importance.
We take our leadership role seriously and intend to earn it every year. We're extremely proud to be home to one of the largest communities of IT professionals in the world.
SolarWinds: Delivering Unexpected Simplicity
Since our founding in 1999, SolarWinds' mission has been to provide purpose-built products that are designed to make jobs easier for IT professionals, MSPs, and DevOps pros. We offer value-driven products and tools that solve a broad range of IT management challenges – whether those challenges are related to networks, servers, applications, storage, virtualization, cloud, or development operations.
If there is a piece of IT infrastructure anywhere in the world where performance matters, SolarWinds provides the technology to manage it.
Whether you're an army of one managing a small environment, an MSP responsible for multiple customers, part of an IT team managing an enterprise, or you've migrated to the cloud – if you care about IT performance- SolarWinds has powerful, easy-to-use, and affordable products to help you manage it.
We distinguish ourselves by refusing to accept the status quo established by most technology vendors. Face it: The vast majority of IT management tools today are difficult to use, expensive, and really don't address the realities of today's real-world IT challenges. Too many IT pros have resigned themselves to accept the frustration.
But we don't think enterprise-grade software or services have to be so complex. We think that great technology not only makes it much easier to manage infrastructure, but empowers IT to actually delight end users.
At SolarWinds, we're fanatical about putting users first in everything we do. We strive every day to deliver powerful functionality that's easy to use with one of the fastest and longest-lasting ROIs in the market. As a result, SolarWinds is one of the world's most award-winning, peer-recommended and continuously-licensed product families year after year.
Our approach is to deliver unexpected simplicity and redefine the management and monitoring expectations for all aspects of IT, MPSs, and DevOps pros.
Simply put, we work to:
- Eliminate the complexity found in traditional enterprise software and services – we make it easy to find, buy, deploy and maintain solutions, regardless of an organization's size.
- Connect with our community – we interact daily with our large, global user community to guide our product development and strategy, and foster an environment where users with even the most complex IT challenges quickly connect with experts who love to help.
- Constantly evolve our products – we ensure our software is on point to meet the most important problems that IT pros, MSPs, and DevOps engineers have today, and continues to deliver increasing value over the lifetime of ownership.
Our company was built by IT administrators and senior systems engineers who know what it takes to manage today’s dynamic IT environments. They combine this expertise with a deep connection to the IT community to create IT management products that are effective, accessible and easy to use.
IT management software that works for you – and that delivers on our promise of unexpected simplicity.
Our Customers and Users
The companies that trust and depend on us come from every country you can name. Some have billion dollar budgets, many work hard just to keep their IT costs under control. They are banks, hospitals, major corporations, professional sports teams, law firms, government agencies and software icons. They are high tech specialists, web hobbyists, police officers, analyst hackers - ethical and not so. They are as diverse a group of companies and organizations as one could imagine. But what they do have in common is a need analyze and solve name and email server problems quickly. A new, and growing, group of customers and users are web analysts. They are discovering new ways to use our tools and applications to enhance their investigations of IP, domain and mailserver data.
SolarWinds Key Product Capabilities Overview
- Network Management
- Network Performance Monitor provides network monitoring software for performance and availability
- NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is a network traffic monitor for NetFlow, J-Flow, IPFIX, sFlow®, NetStream™ & other flow data
- VOIP and Network Quality Manager for VOIP Quality of Service and WAN Performance Management
- IP Address Manager for Centralized and Automated DHCP, DNS, and IP Address Management
- Network Configuration Manager for Automated Network Configuration and Compliance Management
- User Device Tracker for Network Device Tracking and Switch Port Management
- Application & Server Management
- Use Server & Application Monitor to agentlessly monitor server hardware, O/S, and over 100 applications.
- Automatically patch Microsoft & 3rd party applications with SolarWinds Patch Manager
- Collect & correlate logs and events to quickly isolate issues with SolarWinds Log & Event Manager
- Identify VM sprawl, reclaim and optimize your VMware environment with SolarWinds Virtualization Manager
- Monitor storage performance across your multi-vendor SAN fabric with SolarWinds Storage Manager
Who we are
SolarWinds Corporate Headquarters
7171 Southwest Parkway, Building 400
Austin, Texas 78735
Toll Free: 866.530.8100